Having a deck enhances the aesthetics of your home, but without proper upkeep, a wooden deck will deteriorate quickly. This is exactly when the highly trained crew of DeckPrep shows up and applies a fresh coat of stain which keeps your deck protected looking brand new all year round. We offer deck sanding across Balwyn, Caulfield, Cranbourne, Glen Iris, Glen Waverley, Mornington, Narre Warren, Pakenham, Rowville, Surrey hills, Wantirna, Warrandyte, Doncaster, Templestowe and many more suburbs.
Prior to the sanding, raised nails will be punched and screws resetting will be done if required. Once the timber has been sanded back, the cleaning process at DeckPrep will take place followed by the below-mentioned process:
- Remove Stain- Depending on the stain the correct stripper will gently be applied to remove the stain.
- Pressure cleaning-Irrespective of any stains, oil, or grease pressure cleaning- cleans them all and even the dirt and debris been smudged over is been swiped off.
- Sanding- This step is to smooth the rough and splintered edges and we use the proper technique and equipment to give that plain and smooth surface look.
- Cleaning– The deck needs to be free from dust after sanding and the Deck is been left for a day or two to receive that perfect result.
- Oiling and Staining- This is the final step as oiling and staining are required to seal the deck to protect against the sun and abstain it from shrinks and crack. We use oil with UV protection that offers protection to your deck and resistance to mould and fungus.
Undoubtedly, this process is lengthy one and it consumes lot of time, but if done by DeckPrep professionals, you will be sitting on your deck sipping cocktails in no time.